Cheating ... On My Diet

Since starting my healthy lifestyle back in January, I've had a few moments where I cheated before I was supposed to introduce a certain food. Yesterday was a BIG cheat day for me - it was my son's 4th birthday party.

Yup. I'm a cheater. A big 'ol cheater.

I ate pita bread and cheese...and cheesecake... not a lot of it but enough to give me gas and have my inner voice laugh at me because I knew it was a bad choice.

So, this morning, I ate vanilla coconut yogurt with gluten free oat granola and 100% cacao nibs. It wasn't as gross as I thought it would be. For lunch, I'll grab a salad from the Breadstick and add just under 4oz of chicken to it. Back on the bandwagon!

In truth, I've been sick for about a month and the combination of a sinus infection and the antibiotics they gave me are making me not want to eat. So, if I cheat a little when I'm sick I'm going to cut myself some slack because I actually needed to eat. Living on chicken soup really isn't fun - although it did allow me to lose about three pounds.

So, I'm down 13 pounds - which is great but I wish it came off from working out and not from failing to eat due to lack of hunger.

I've only had four dysautonomia symptoms since starting this diet: nauseousness when I'm sick; sinus tachycardia when I don't drink enough water; heat sensitivity; and one dizzy spell from clogged sinuses. Honestly, if those are the only issues I really have - I'm ok with it. I consider this experiment to be a success! I may only be six weeks into it but I feel so much better...even if I do decide to cheat every once in a while.


Comments

  1. That's fantastic news! You're doing great :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you! I feel like I'm doing "OK". Cheating on my diet means I'm not really doing great but I'm doing "OK".

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Visiting Urgent Care with Dysautonomia

Weight Loss Goals and Success

Grieving with Dysautonomia