Thursday, May 11, 2017

Bonuses When You Feel Down

Having this disorder sucks most of the time but I'm of the belief that I need to be positive about it. One day, I will be healthy. I will have good days. I will keep my life as normal as possible.

But when I'm having off days where I feel yucky, I get excited for little bonuses. A few days ago, I received my VoxBox in the mail and it was such a picker-upper. I like getting to try new products, especially when I get to give an honest opinion in return.

So, I got my VoxBox for free from Influenster and I dove right in. Sometimes I have a hard time not ripping open the box so I can take pictures. This time, the kids reminded me to take pictures, first. The pics are not pretty.

Here's what I got:
  • SkinnyPop Microwavable Popcorn
  • Probiotic Gummies
  • Say Yes To... facial mask
  • Coconut milk shampoo and conditioner
  • Always pads (which are always useful)
  • and a coupon for free yogurt

So far, I've tried the popcorn, probiotic gummies, the pads, and the hair care products.

Here are my honest opinions:
SkinnyPop Popcorn...um...amazing! Since I need to keep my salt levels up, this was great as a mid-day snack/lunch because I didn't really want to eat. It was easy to make but I needed to cook it for longer in the work microwave for about 45 seconds longer than the recommended directions.

Probiotic Gummies: they came at a great time. Most of our house was hit with some kind of tummy issue last weekend. This helped regulate all of us and I felt OK giving it to the boys. I prefer to take my supplements in gummy form because it makes it easier for me to ingest. They were a bit hard to chew but still doable. 

Always Pads: They seriously ALWAYS come in handy! This may be TMI but I was having a bad cycle and this kept me clean and dry. No leaks - bonus points!!

Shampoo and Conditioner: it's awesome for keeping my hair soft and manageable. I liked the smell and it didn't weigh down my super fine hair. Some of the medications I take can cause hair loss and, in my case, they did. So I'm a little neurotic about adding proteins and good back into my hair without weighing it down. This stuff did the trick! It's light but gives great moisture. 


Next up, I'll try the yogurt and the facial mask. The mask is 100% needed because my face decided to break out this week in a way that makes me cringe. I did NOT have any major acne high school or college so, at 36, I'm hating my skin like I should have at 16.

As for the yogurt, I'm apprehensive. I don't like yogurt but if this can get me to eat it without wanting to puke, I'm all for it.

These little bonuses are also getting me through a nasty cold this week. A little self-care goes a looooong way.

What do you do for self-care?

I received the VoxBox from Influenster for free but the opinions are 100% my own...if you can't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beginning

The Beginning of Being Sick

Welcome to my blog! I'm not sure if anyone will read this but I'd like to say "hi" to anyone who comes across this. I ...