Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Healthy Diet Update - Day 11

Someone once said it takes 11 days to start a new habit. I'm on day 11 of this lifestyle change. I'm having a few issues:
raw vegetables are tiresome
the shakes make me nauseous sometimes
the supplements are often like horse-tablets
my brain still wants sugar...well, chocolate

So those are some of my hang-ups. Before I dive into those a bit more, let me tell you about my accomplishments:
I haven't been to McDonald's in two weeks (those fries are my weakness!)
I'm rarely hungry
I like carrots (if you know me, you know I hated carrots)
I lost five pounds


I want to tell you I have more energy but I don't. I have headaches nearly every day. My skin is breaking out but that's more likely because I'm getting rid of the toxins. There's always that little voice in my head saying "this isn't right for you - just give up" but I can't and I won't. I don't want to give up. I know that voice isn't real and I know it's trying to derail me. I won't let it.

I miss cheese. I miss chocolate. I really miss fruit. But I'm starting to like vegetables a lot more. Last night I made zucchini patties and added carrots, onion, yellow pepper, and cayenne pepper to it. They were SO good. So, while raw vegetables get boring, they help stave off hunger and this is teaching me to eat better. I know one day I'll get to eat cheese, chocolate, and fruit but those will need to be in moderation.

Right now, I have a bit of a virus so my appetite is off and I'm quite symptomatic (yay). But I can feel like I'm getting back to my normal self - the self that used to have a virus for two days and felt better after that. I was really sick yesterday, I'm still sick today but I can feel that tomorrow will be better.

I'm on the road to better health. My cravings will change but I need to get my mind to swap from wanting "bad" foods to wanting "good" foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beginning

The Beginning of Being Sick

Welcome to my blog! I'm not sure if anyone will read this but I'd like to say "hi" to anyone who comes across this. I ...