Friday, November 6, 2015

It's a Rough Day


I want to sleep like my dog.
Since getting sick, I've encountered symptoms that would make anyone want to jump off a roof. Imagine being nauseous all the time. For my fellow ladies that have been pregnant - imagine feeling like you did in your first trimester all day long without reprieve. That's just one symptom. Lately, my eyes have started going blurry.

Last night I went to bed with the start of a migraine. Usually I can take some medication, head to bed, and wake up feeling better in the morning. Just not this morning.This morning I woke up with the same migraine and now my eyes are going blurry.

Let's back up a bit. This new symptom of blurry vision freaked me out enough that I sought the help of another ophthalmologist. So, I asked my dad to drive me on Monday to have a comprehensive exam. Turns out, I have retinoschisis but that's not what's causing my issues. I also have a misalignment of my eyes...which could totally be causing some of my problems. At the very basis of it, I have dry eyes and was told to use OTC eye drops. Except they don't work. And my eyes are really blurry today.

Migraines are common for dysautonomia patients but I can usually take meds to dull the pain. Right now, it's not working. To add insult to injury, it's a dreary day outside, so emotionally I'm feeling matching my mood to the color of the sky.

I'm having a rough day and it's only 8:15am. I have a killer migraine, spots on my hand, my hands are puffy, and my eyes are blurry. While I know some of this will likely clear up by the afternoon, I'm envious of my sleeping dog who just cuddles up wherever he is and falls asleep. I don't have that luxury. So, for now, I'll just have my little pity party while I drink copious amounts of Gatorade.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beginning

The Beginning of Being Sick

Welcome to my blog! I'm not sure if anyone will read this but I'd like to say "hi" to anyone who comes across this. I ...