Adventures While Healthy

It's been a while since I wrote anything substantial and I didn't want to write anything on the days where I feel gross and defeated. So, I thought I'd wait until I had a streak of healthy days. Well, folks, that time has come!

A few weeks ago, the hubs and I headed to New York so I could attend a marketing conference (read: speak at) and he could experience the Big Apple. We found some time to hang out together and we walked, a lot! Having various health ailments makes it hard to travel and even harder to walk around big cities but being Israeli, I know the only way to enjoy a big city is to do it by foot. When I got tired, we hopped on the subway and went back to rest. While we were in New York, I did get sick but not from my dysautonomia - I caught a cold (thanks, kids!) and lost my voice a bit. I made sure to pick up some cold meds at the drug store, drink lots of tea with honey, and keep my hydration up.

I need to give thanks to my awesome nephew and his fantastic girlfriend for giving us time to make that trip happen. They watched the kiddos while I learned and the hubby toured. Without them, I would have been alone in a big city probably napping when I wasn't at the conference.

Fast forward a few weeks - I told the hubby I want to go apple picking. This is the FIRST year in my entire life that I could actually eat an apple without having an allergic reaction and boy did I go for it! We took the kiddos to the apple orchard and they had a blast. My oldest got upset when a goat ate his apple (my bad, I told him to give it to the goat but I didn't think he'd listen!) and my youngest enjoyed taste-testing everyone's apple ciders while refusing to drink his own. I can honestly say that this was one of the best days I've had in a long time. It started out rocky but it ended with two happy kiddos and a bag of 30 apples.

I've been granted some amazing opportunities lately. Yesterday I drove two hours to the middle of the state to guest lecture at Central Michigan University. Seeing college students get excited about public relations and advertising gave me such a rush - I can't tell you! It was amazing to see their enthusiasm! But, by the time I got home it was 9pm and I was exhausted. The universe granted me enough energy to get there and back in one piece and, thankfully, I'm not paying for it today.

I hope my adventures while healthy continue and I'll keep praying for my divas and dudes that are affected by this disorder - may you have more healthy days than not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Conceive

Visiting Urgent Care with Dysautonomia

Weight Loss Goals and Success