Lack of sleep is a major trigger for my dizziness and last night I did not sleep. Both kids were up several times. One wound up sleeping in bed with me. Yay. I woke up dizzy this morning. Very dizzy. And it's a crummy feeling. Here's what happens when I get sidelined like this:
- I wind up working from home, which isn't bad (I'm crazy productive at home) but I hate it. I'd rather be at work. I like my coworkers.
- I have to lay on my couch, laptop on me, to keep myself from getting so dizzy that I vomit.
- Depression sets in. Big time. Granted, I have a lot of stuff going on in my life but when your health takes a tank, repeatedly, you get depressed. You remember what your life used to be like and you miss it. Depression makes everything worse. My symptoms are always worse when my depression is bad.
- My diet will consist of a lot of salt and electrolyte water. Sounds gross, right? There's nothing like putting sea salt on everything - all to keep your blood pressure from plummeting.
- If I have to go anywhere, I need someone else to drive me. I don't like to worry my parents, so I often just don't go anywhere unless it's urgent.